Monday, June 29, 2009

Look ma...no hands!

This confirms it...Anna has officially received a double dose of talent via our genetically perfected gene pool (I hope you can hear the sarcasm in my typing here). She's got those first two bottom teeth now and chewing on a soft sippy cup top is one of her favorite things these days. Today was the first time she demonstrated her super-baby ability to hold the sippy cup in her mouth with only her mouth!

I headed to San Antonio this past weekend to meet up with some girlfriends from our church back in Virginia, most of whom have all since moved to other parts of the country (maybe I'll convince Alicia to get down here someday!). It was so great to see everyone again and I welcomed the break, but boy I sure missed my family!! I think all of us moms long for a break each day, but being away from my kids multiple days was hard, especially looking at all of the other families walking around the Riverwalk. It was great though to eat at Casa Rio, their Mexican food is absolutely fabulous...and that says something coming from a Mexican food junkie such as myself. We also saw the movie "The Proposal", which was fun, but I gotta say for you Office watchers, I will NEVER look at Oscar the same way again!!

My one beef was with all of the left-lane vigilantes driving down I-10. Somehow the "slower traffic keep right" sign was lost on them....especially a really nice white Porsche Carrera driving in the left lane. I never though I would pass a car like that in the right lane with a 4-cylinder Accord :)

1 comment:

The Wiggins Family said...

I love the top picture! Anna is adorable. Looks like those sippy cups will not be dripless for long. haha