Sunday, April 5, 2009

Seeing the light.

I think I'm finally beginning to emerge from the baby haze of sleepless nights now that Anna is five months old! That light at the end of the infant-stage tunnel is growing brighter!

Some good friends of ours are pregnant with their first child and I'm so very excited for them, and also so very glad it's them and NOT me! I can't believe how much things have changed over the last two years and all that we've learned with Jack and now Anna. I remember some of those early days seeming like they would never end with a crying child that wouldn't take a nap (so that I could!), but looking back now it has also seemed to pass pretty quickly at the same time.
The drool meter has gone up with Anna, so I think she's about to starting cutting some teeth. Since I'm still nursing, I would be more than happy though if she would just remain toothless until she's 12 months :) She's grabbing for everything now and even managed to get a fistful of the spaghetti off my plate the other day at lunch. The only downside to it is when she gets a fistful of my hair and hangs on for dear life...I struggle to pry those little fingers out of my curls. Did I mention I'm rethinking the idea of growing out my hair?

Jack is full of boundless energy and it really is a joy to watch him grow up. The discipline is hard at times, but for the most part we've been blessed with a sweet boy that only requires a disapproving glance from mom or dad to change his actions. I have my suspicions though that Anna will not be quite so reserved, we'll see!

1 comment:

Kami H said...

send some of that light my way :)