Thursday, May 8, 2008

Jack and the Vac

I should've snapped a picture of this....but anyway, Jack has moved on from his love affair with the dishwasher to bigger and better things, namely the vacuum cleaner.

This sudden interest in something that makes a good deal of noise is pretty surprising given his tendency to shy away from anything above 5 decibels for many months. I was vacuuming the house before some friends came into town yesterday and he just sat wide-eyed on the ground watching me, not even flinching when I got close to him. As soon as I was done, and unplugged the thing of course, he went over to the handheld vacuum and began to play with it in a similar manner to what he had seen me do. I think what interested him the most was looking down the black hole of the hose to see what was causing all the noise. Is it too early to start training my 16 month-old to vacuum my house?

Unfortunately, I don't have hopes that this interest in vacuuming will translate into any volunteer housework as he gets older, much the same way I suspect he'll lose interest in dad's lawn mower as well.

No comments: